These worksheets contain a text passage followed by a series of questions that test the student’s understanding of the text. The questions about the main idea of the text, details within the text, the sequence of events, or the meaning of words or phrases in context.
The worksheet tells an exciting story called “Winter Delights” about Mary and her family. They had an amazing time going sledding and having a thrilling race. Each person brought their own sleds, and they enjoyed a day filled with icy adventures. Afterward, they went back home and treated themselves to delicious hot chocolate. The worksheet also includes interesting questions about the story to encourage students to explore its fascinating details.
Title: The Snowy Day
“One morning, a little boy named Timmy woke up to a beautiful winter scene. Snow had fallen all night, covering everything in a blanket of white. Timmy was thrilled! He bundled up in his warm winter clothes and went outside to play. He made a snowman, had a snowball fight with his sister, and even went sledding down a big hill. By the time he came back inside for hot cocoa, his cheeks were red and he was full of joy.”
- Who is the main character in the story?
- How did Timmy feel when he saw the snow?
- What activities did Timmy do in the snow?
- What did Timmy do after he finished playing in the snow?
Title: Life of a Polar Bear
“Polar bears live in icy cold regions near the North Pole. They have white fur that helps them blend in with the snow and ice. This fur also keeps them warm during the harsh winter months. Polar bears are excellent swimmers and use this skill to hunt for their food, mainly seals. In the winter, they can spend most of their time on the ice.”
- Where do polar bears live?
- Why is the polar bear’s white fur important?
- What do polar bears eat?
- What ability do polar bears use to hunt for food?
Title: Winter Holidays
“Winter is a time for many celebrations around the world. In December, people celebrate holidays like Christmas, Hanukkah, and Kwanzaa. These holidays often involve giving gifts, spending time with family, and enjoying special meals. For some, winter also means welcoming the new year with fireworks and resolutions.”
- What are some holidays people celebrate in December?
- What activities are common during these winter holidays?
- What event do some people celebrate at the end of the winter season?