These worksheets will help you practice finding missing values when you multiply negative numbers.
First, let’s understand what negative numbers are. Do you know how numbers can go up like 1, 2, 3, and so on? Well, they can also go down like 0, -1, -2, -3, and so on. These numbers below 0 are called negative numbers.
Now, let’s talk about the multiplication of negative numbers. There are two simple rules to remember:
- Negative x Negative = Positive: When you multiply two negative numbers, the answer is positive. For example, -2 x -3 = 6.
- Negative x Positive = Negative: When you multiply a negative number with a positive number, the answer is negative. For example, -2 x 3 = -6.
In the worksheets, you’ll find problems where you need to find the missing value. Let’s see how you can do this:
- Read the problem: Look at the multiplication problem and find the missing value. The problem might look like this: -2 x ? = 6 or ? x -3 = -9.
- Figure out the rule: Remember the two rules we just learned. If you’re multiplying two negative numbers, the answer will be positive. If you’re multiplying a negative number with a positive number, the answer will be negative.
- Solve the problem: Using the rules, find the missing value in the multiplication problem.
For example, if the problem is -2 x ? = 6, think about the rules. The answer is positive, so you must be multiplying two negative numbers. Since -2 x -3 = 6, the missing value is -3.
Keep practicing with these worksheets, and you’ll get the hang of multiplying negative numbers in no time. Just remember the two simple rules, and you’ll be a multiplication master! Good luck, and have fun!
Printable Multiplication Of Negative Numbers Worksheets